DB that showed tenacity and fighting spirit defeated KOGAS… 1.5 game gap with 6th place KCC
DB’s tenacity was stronger than that of Korea Gas Corporation.
Wonju DB defeated Daegu Korea Gas Corporation 71-65 in the 2022-2023 SKT A-Dot Pro Basketball regular league held at Wonju General Gymnasium on the 26th. He recorded his second three-game winning streak of the season. It is the first three consecutive victories in the system of acting coach Kim Joo-seong. With 15 wins and 20 losses, he ranked 7th alone. 1.5 games behind 6th place Jeonju KCC (16-18).
DB focused on the basics. He was obsessed with loose ball fights and moved one step further than his opponent. Also, the fight was stronger than the opponent. Because they were faithful to the basics throughout the game, they took the upper hand early on. We are one step closer to the playoff line.
1Q: Daegu Korea Gas Corporation 21-18 Wonju DB: Two rather than
one [Korea Gas Corporation-DB Key Player 1Q Record]
- Lee Dae-seong (Korea Gas Corporation): 9 minutes and 1 second, 7 points (2 points: 2/2, 3 Points: 1/2) 1 rebound
- Murphy Holloway (Korea Gas Corporation): 10 minutes, 6 points (2 points: 3/5) 4 rebounds, 3 steals, 1 assist
- Kang Sang-jae (DB): 9 minutes 1 second, 9 points (2 points: 3/4, 3 points: 1/1) 1 Steel
DB formed the early flow with Kang Sang-jae (200cm, F) scoring. I had fun with Kang Sang-jae’s strong defense, quick attack, and various options such as 3-point shooting.
However, Korea Gas Corporation had fun with Lee Dae-seong (190cm, G) and Murphy Holloway (196cm, F). Lee Dae-sung’s strong pressure defense and outer shell, and Holloway’s under-the-goal attack and enduring defense created a synergistic effect.
The effect of two was greater than the effect of one. Strictly speaking, it is not the effect of two people. This is because SJ Belrangel (177cm, G), Chabawi (190cm, F), and Lee Daeheon (196cm, F) played their roles behind the scenes.
2Q: Wonju DB 40-33 Daegu Korea Gas Corporation: Fighting spirit
[DB-Korea Gas Corporation, 2Q major record comparison]
- Score: 22-12
- Number of successful 2-point shots: 8-2
- Success rate of 2-point shots: about 62% – about 22%
- Paint Zone Score: 14-2
- Score by Fast Attack: 4-0
- Score by Turnover: 9-5
- Both DB in front of
DB and Korea Gas Corporation are desperate. It’s because they couldn’t approach the playoff margin line. Considering that the regular season is just around the corner, both teams need to win at least one more game. SPOTV commentator Choo Seung-gyun, who was broadcasting the game, also reported the situation of the two teams, saying, “Every game will be like the final.” 메이저놀이터
The more desperate team was DB. movement was like that. It moved one step further than Korea Gas Corporation, and fought harder than Korea Gas Corporation.
As a result, Korea Gas Corporation’s attack was pushed away from the rim. On the contrary, it approached the rim of Korea Gas Corporation. Blocked the opponent’s easy score and scored more easily than the opponent. With two factors and good practice of the truth, DB was able to end the first half with an advantage.
3Q: Wonju DB 57-49 Daegu KOGAS: 6 points in a row
[DB, 3Q key scenes]
- 1 minute and 29 seconds before the end of 3Q: DB Lee Seon Albano, 2 foul free throws (DB 53-49 KOGAS)
- 3Q 1 minute and 17 seconds before the end: DB Leonard Freeman, fast break layup (DB 55-49 KOGAS)
- 54.2 seconds before the end of 3Q: DB Lee Seon Albano, steel fast break layup (DB 57-49 KOGAS)
DB is Korea He was chased by the gas corporation. There were two reasons for being pursued. offense and defense. First of all, I couldn’t find a way to attack Korea Gas Corporation’s stronger defense. And Korea Gas Corporation’s second chance point and Lee Dae-sung’s firepower could not be blocked.
However, DB changed the flow to defense in the second half of the 3rd quarter. After inducing the turnover of Korea Gas Corporation, he quickly jumped into the Korea Gas Corporation camp.
Ethan Albano (185cm, G) handled the ball according to the situation, such as passing and finishing, and Leonard Freeman (198cm, F) also ran well. DB, chased by 51-49, scored 6 points in a row. The third quarter ended with an 8-point lead. DB, who was in crisis, was able to face the 4th quarter in a good mood.
4Q: Wonju DB 71-65 Daegu KOGAS: On the rise
[Results after Wonju DB, Kim Joo-seong acting manager]
- 2023.01.07. vs Ulsan Hyundai Mobis (Ulsan Dongchun Gymnasium): 94-90 (win)
- 2023.01.17. vs Changwon LG (Wonju Sports Complex): 81-82 (L)
- 2023.01.19. vs Goyang Carrot (Goyang Gymnasium): 72-87 (L)
- 2023.01.21. vs Seoul Samsung (Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium): 85-82 (win)
- 2023.01.23. vs Suwon KT (Wonju Gymnasium): 80-76 (win)
- 2023.01.26. vs Daegu Korea Gas Corporation (Wonju Gymnasium): 71-65 (Win)
- First 3 wins in a row after Kim
Joo-sung as acting manager * 4 wins 2 losses after Kim Joo-sung as acting
manager . He did not spare himself for a single loose ball, and after acquiring the loose ball, he was on the rise with a quick attack. In particular, he took a 13-point advantage (65-52) with a dunk by Kim Jong-gyu (206cm, C) 5 minutes and 54 seconds before the end of the game.
There was also a crisis. It was because Kim Jong-kyu landed dangerously after a dunk, and Park Chan-hee (190cm, G), who held the center by defending and adjusting the game, was put in foul trouble.
Also, DB gave Korea Gas Corporation a lot of 3-point opportunities. However, Korea Gas Corporation’s shot did not go in, and DB was able to buy time. DB, who gained time, ran for the first time after Kim Joo-seong’s acting manager system. He finished the game on an upward trajectory.